joi, 2 noiembrie 2017

The Garden


I've been a garden open to the world,
With trees of green and twisted paths, I'm told,
And everybody came and picked my flowers,
But you're the only one that stayed for hours.

When you're around, my colors are in bloom,
And when you go, I'm silent, like a tomb...
Cause I have been abused in many ways,
But you're the only one that stayed for days.

My tendrils reaching out to climb the walls,
And when you're gone it's like the autumn falls,
Because I've been alone and lived in fear.
So maybe you will stay, at least a year?

So come, my gardener, gently touch my leaves,
And I will give you flowers, birds and trees,
With branches I will wipe away your tears
In hope you'll stay with me for many years.

And as you care for me, I will protect you,
And keep you safe and grow my arms around you,
And through my canopy I'll let the sun shine,
So maybe spend with me, at least a lifetime... 


Niciun comentariu: